Creating the Best Experience for Your Brands as a UGC Creator
As a UGC creator, working with brands can be an exciting and lucrative opportunity. However, it's important to create the best experience for your brands to ensure repeat collaborations and positive relationships. In this article, we'll cover some tips on how to do just that, as well as provide an example of a typical run-through that a creator may have with a skincare brand on Brkaway.
Understand the brand's values and target audience.
Before creating content for a brand, it's important to understand their company values and who their target audience is. This will help you tailor your content to their specific needs and ensure that it resonates with their audience. For example, if you're creating content for a skincare brand, it's important to understand their ingredients and target audience's skin type. Here at Brkaway, we encourage creators to have a kick-off call with the brand to ensure they understand the brand's current messaging and content needs, and have a chance to ask questions or seek clarity.
Be authentic and creative.
One of the reasons brands choose to work with UGC creators is because they offer a fresh perspective and a unique voice. Don't be afraid to inject your personality and creativity into the content you create. This will not only make your content stand out, but it will also make it more relatable to their audience.
Communicate clearly with the brand.
Communication is key when working with brands as a UGC creator. Make sure to have open and honest communication with the brand to ensure that you understand their goals and they understand your creative process. This will help you avoid any misunderstandings and ensure that the final product meets the brand's expectations.
Be professional and reliable.
As a UGC creator, you are running your own content creation business so it's important to be professional and reliable, meet deadlines, be responsive to emails, and follow through on any commitments you make. This will help build trust with the brand and lead to future collaborations.
Let's take a look at an example of a typical run-through that a creator may have with a skincare brand on Brkaway:
The skincare brand is "Glowing Skin Co." and they’ve reached out to a UGC creator named "Ava" to collaborate on a video.
- Ava and Glowing Skin Co. have an initial kick-off call to discuss the campaign's goals, expectations, and brand guidelines. During this meeting, they agree on the type of content they want Ava to create (i.e. a skincare routine video), the key messages they want to convey (i.e. the importance of using natural ingredients in skincare), and the timeline for deliverables. Those deliverables are scheduled into Brkaway where both parties receive in-app notifications and emails to help them stay on top of deliverables and approvals.
- Ava goes away to work on the content and submits a Concept via Brkaway to Glowing Skin Co. The brand has two options: they can “Request a Revision” and provide feedback suggesting ways to improve the idea proposed OR they can approve the Concept and Ava can move onto the next stage, which is Shooting.
- Let’s say the brand did request feedback. Ava incorporates that feedback into her Concept and resubmits it to Glowing Skin Co. for approval. The brand approves it this time around.
- Ava shoots the video, uploads it to Brkaway and submits it for review. In some cases, brands need to run videos by their legal team before approving. Let’s say Glowing Skin Co. adds “Jake” as a Seat on Brkaway. Jake reviews the content and confirms in the Comments section that the video is good to go. The brand approves it and Ava’s work is done.
- Glowing Skin Co. downloads the video and posts it to their TikTok and IG Reels. They end up asking Ava to work with them again on a second video because the collaboration process was smooth, efficient, and professional.
In conclusion, being a UGC creator is an exciting and rewarding career path. By understanding the brand's values and target audience, being authentic and creative, communicating clearly, and being professional and reliable, you can create the best experience for your brands and ensure a successful collaboration.